Success was judged by how long you could get someone to lease a building for and how much they were willing to pay. They weren’t asking, is it meeting the needs of the user and are they happy there, are they more productive?
My favorite links from last week:
- The most popular books by state
- Evidence for Jared Diamond’s continental axis hypothesis
- A great post about data warehousing (OLTP and OLAP)
- The physical limits of how and where humanity can travel
- The advantage of starting from scratch
- In Russia, it is now illegal to criticize the government online
Have a great week.
Politics is the division of power, politicking the contest for it.From Reflections on China’s Stalinist Heritage