Here’s my collection of favorite links from this week:
- A small NY town with 5 used bookstores
- Discovered the ChangeMyView subreddit from this Wired article
- A decent write-up of the sheer number of details that confront us when we build things
- Benedict Evans predicts the future of TV, retail, and advertising
- A cool photo collection of Moscow’s metro system
- A picture from the Upper Michigan Blizzard of 1938:
- Primitive Technology is one of my favorite youtube channels. Here’s the newest: A frame hut
- Good news: legal marijuana seems to be making a sizable impact on the Mexican drug trafficking organizations
- Why hasn’t the world been destroyed in a nuclear war yet?
- This is fairly insane: If you watch closely enough, everything is a speaker
- Steve Yegge is leaving Google after many years. Here’s why. (Also, what a great piece of recruiting collateral.)
- A 1-hr video by Jason Cohen (ASmartBear): Designing the Ideal Bootstrapped Business
- Dumb but hilarious: What if Wookiees sounded like Pee-Wee Herman
- Self explanatory: Snowboarding surfing powder listening to Debussy
Have a great week!