A bit of a shorter week, I’ve been a little too busy to do a whole lot of reading. But, here are my favorite links from this week:
- In 2003, Jeff Bezos talks about the electricity revolution vs. the gold rush
- The Co-founder relationship
- A career guide for the recovering software generalist
- How Haiti became poor
- Neat writeup of how lamprey fish are motivated, and how we are too: Guyenet on Motivation
- SMBC throwback to a Calvin & Hobbes strip
- The 10 toughest questions Bill & Melinda Gates receive
- A (startling) map of the world after 4 degrees of global warming
- Photos of the moon? Or pancakes?
- The incredible launch and landing of Falcon Heavy. Start the video at 20:00 and watch until the end.
- Here’s a cool photo of our sun partially eclipsed, taken over Manila Bay
- Do you believe writing software is a craft? It might be theatre.
- Steven Sinofsky tweeted a really great….thread? tweet storm? Whatever it was, I wish it was in a blog post format. Anyway, it’s about Apple’s software development practices. (Sinofsky was President of the Windows division at MS for years.)
Have a great weekend.