First off, early this week I finished the Three Body Problem. I….I don’t know what to say beyond, it was fantastic. Just fantastic.
Here are my favorite links from this week:
- A NYMag article about Marcus Hutchins, the UK hacker who stopped WannaCry
- An excellent story about a guy who figured out how to beat the lottery
- The assassination climate in modern Kiev
- The first unauthorized launch of communications satellites by a US startup
- The Psychology of Progressive Debate – this one is…um…thought provoking.
- Tim Berners-Lee’s proposal from 1989 for the world wide web
- A developer ported the Smalltalk VM to iOS and Android from VisualWorks for one of his games
- How Rainforest runs their distributed engineering team
- History of the transistor, Part 1
- Why hasn’t the world been destroyed in nuclear war yet?
- Employee surveys are still the best way to get feedback from your team
- Paypal shares your data with over 600 companies (thank you, GDPR)
- Life in Russia explained in 10 charts
- People’s reaction to looking at the moon through a telescope
- The horrible press coverage of Scott Kelly’s medical monitoring after being in space
Time to hit the powder. Have a great weekend.