You’ve actually given up on trust if you need for things to be transparent.
Although last year’s snow was obviously incredible, I’m blown away by the snow we’re getting recently. Check out the forecast!
First off, early this week I finished the Three Body Problem. I….I don’t know what to say beyond, it was fantastic. Just fantastic.
Here are my favorite links from this week:
- A NYMag article about Marcus Hutchins, the UK hacker who stopped WannaCry
- An excellent story about a guy who figured out how to beat the lottery
- The assassination climate in modern Kiev
- The first unauthorized launch of communications satellites by a US startup
- The Psychology of Progressive Debate – this one is…um…thought provoking.
- Tim Berners-Lee’s proposal from 1989 for the world wide web
- A developer ported the Smalltalk VM to iOS and Android from VisualWorks for one of his games
- How Rainforest runs their distributed engineering team
- History of the transistor, Part 1
- Why hasn’t the world been destroyed in nuclear war yet?
- Employee surveys are still the best way to get feedback from your team
- Paypal shares your data with over 600 companies (thank you, GDPR)
- Life in Russia explained in 10 charts
- People’s reaction to looking at the moon through a telescope
- The horrible press coverage of Scott Kelly’s medical monitoring after being in space
Time to hit the powder. Have a great weekend.