My favorite links this week:
- An excellent post on how Eden has pivoted several times
- Watch a zygote become a tadpole in 6 minutes
- Have empathy. Startups are hard.
- How should we think about, and talk about, wealth?
- James Hamilton (of AWS): Collision at Sea: USS Fitzgerald
- A harmful fallacy: affirming the consequent
- HBR: The Founder’s Dilemma
- Top people lessons from Auren Hoffman
- Schools are child jails (I couldn’t agree more)
- Theory of Constraints (Wikipedia)
- Facebook Has a Right to Block ‘Hate Speech’—But Here’s Why It Shouldn’t
- The Twitter Takeover of Politics Is Just Getting Started — my favorite quote: “Social media is allowing individual politicians to further their own careers at the expense of their party’s reputation. The result is that U.S. politics is quickly changing into a parade of celebrities.” (and, as if on command, this happened)
- Why tech companies hire so many economists
Have a great weekend!