Here are some interesting links for today heading into the weekend:
- What is the Chinese Communist Party’s agenda over the last decade or two, through the next 50 years? Highly recommended. Start at paragraph #5.
- From 1990: Wile E. Coyote vs. Acme Company
- Jason Crawford on Organizational Metabolism and the for-profit advantage
- Auren Hoffman with some good advice on finding A-players during a downturn
- Want to see the Starlink satellites in your area? Start here.
- TIL you can screen share with anybody via Apple ID (MacOS obviously)
- On an esoteric kick, Randall Carlson on the deep history of humanity as it relates to climate change, culture, progress, and more (Joe Rogan podcast)
- The Navy officially released the videos of unidentified objects this week
- Analysis of the recent movements in the stock market
- Ruby adds experimental support for “end-less” method definitions
- This guy ran a marathon in his backyard
- A collection of Epigrams in Programming by Alan Perlis
- A history of the manufacturing lessons GM took from Toyota in 2007
- The Mafia is alive and well in Italy, and how organized crime offers value to citizens when the government doesn’t / can’t during the epidemic
- From a16z: When Distribution Trumps Product
And lastly, a cool Astronomy Picture of the Day showing the Kepler-90 solar system and how it compares to our own.