Republicans thought 38 percent of Democrats were gay, lesbian or bisexual, while the actual number was about 6 percent. Democrats estimated that 44 percent of Republicans make more than $250,000 a year. The actual share was 2 percent.
- The original measurement of the CMB (Cosmic Background Radiation) that provided evidence for the Big Bang Theory (via Fermat’s Library)
- We’re on the path to an artificial cell
- Five ways to save Star Wars
- The Finance to Value Framework for fundraising
- Fie, an interesting, weird experimental framework for managing client state in Rails
- Two videos of a river opening a new channel into the ocean
- The absolute worst thing about convertible debt (the answer: they’re shielded from dilution)
- Interesting post about FB and Twitter’s meeting with Trump aides and conservative leaders
- Rands: Two Keyboards at a Bar
Have a great weekend.
It’s getting harder and harder to talk about anything controversial online without every single utterance of an opinion immediately being caricatured by opportunistic outrage-mongers, at which point everyone, afraid to be caught exposed in the skirmish that’s about to break out, rushes for the safety of their ideological battlements, where they can safely scream out their righteousness in unison.